Saturday, October 15, 2011

Heian jingu

Pheeew... It's been a long long day and a rainy one. We traveled to Naoshima and back to Kyoto between Thursday and today. Now it's 22.30 pm and I'm sitting in a lounge of my Kyoto hostel. A bit noisy but I try to concentrate and tell you what's been going on.

Let's start from Thursday, the morning before leaving to Naoshima. We had some time to visit Heian jingu (a big Shinto shrine and garden in Kyoto). These Shinto shrines are like spaces between two dimensions one being known and the other unknown. I think that Shinto is a natural result from the nature of Japan. I mean, once you see the nature and the environment it all makes sense.

On the roofs of the buildings are crows talking to each other. The sand is white and sky is light grey. It rains so gently you can hardly feel or see it. The air is smooth and easy to breathe. It feels stupid to take photos.









No comments:

Post a Comment