Sunday, October 30, 2011

Miyajima III

I went to look for Okunoin temple. Suddenly there's no tourist anywhere to be seen. It was at least 2km walk from the last guidepost. Saw a snake just in front of me on the trail. Luckily I didn't get bitten, otherwise it'd been sayonara with no people around in some island woods.

When I got there it was well worth the walk. Beautiful temple. Tall trees. Alone. Sounds of bugs and birds.

It was time to head back to the town below. First 2 km back upwards to the intersection and then down maybe 3 km. Later that day it was hard to take photos because my legs were shaking from the walking. Good thing I went jogging last summer.








Stairs leading to nowhere. Or somewhere.

Stairs leading back to town. 3 km of steep descending to go.







View from the village to the mountain I was earlier.



No comments:

Post a Comment