Monday, April 2, 2012

Premonition of a memory (Kyoto XXIII)


When I leave the train at Shugakuin, I know good things are bound to happen. Here my friends wait for me and keep me sane. Thank you, Takeshi-san and Uchi-san! I already want to go back there.

Can't fight back the intensity of a passing moment. It's nostalgia in the now, a premonition of memory haunting me for years to come. What will come of this place? Can I trace my footsteps here after 10, 20, 30 years? Is the image of us visible in the darkest spot of the forest? There, flickering under that tree, in the shadows repeating tiny segments of our lives... in a loop. Memory as acid will leave traces of burning, and through my eyes I stain this place with my mind.





 











 










Photo by Takeshi Udo












   
  





  




  



















  




No comments:

Post a Comment