Sunday, September 9, 2012

Neighborhood II (Kyoto XLIX)


My Japanese language school is over soon. After that I will apply for an artist visa to stay here a little longer although I have to admit I get waves of strong homesickness at times. I imagine smelling the crispy Finnish autumn in the air. Wishful thinking. Living almost a year in Japan has given me a new perspective to where I come from.

Japan is a good place to get surprised by what can be found out not from outer but inner otherness. It's such a cliche, I know. But sometimes repeated forms can be a sign of something real. For this kind of realization no temples, meditation retreats or spiritual guides are needed. Environment devoid of familiarity will do just fine. This neighborhood is the nobody embodied as an unidentified face. It stares at me every night.












No comments:

Post a Comment