Friday, April 26, 2013

Spring in Gosho I (Kyoto C)


I'm updating photos with a long lag as painting takes the most of my free time now. It's something I can't stop doing if I have any energy and it's hard to have full energy as I can't sleep well if the process is on. It's all about finding a balance between the work and rest I guess. But anything concerning painting is about vicious or virtuous circle. Everything affects painting as it's kind of a side product of life itself. And painting affects everything outside itself as there has to be the concern about quality in expression to get it right. Expression is not about jettisoning ideas even though it's a metabolic process. Out of sight, out of mind doesn't apply to painting.

Anyways now that I don't have a studio the works are small and few, but enough sometimes to make me forget I'm in Japan it seems.

These photos are from around the Gosho, Kyoto Imperial palace park. It's already over a month ago when the plum and magnolia flowers were about to open. A soft landscape in a park with people, both the elderly and new born, animals and motionless air. Long waited light reflected by flowers and absorbed by people. But there's always the pressure from outside to feel something in particular. Pressure to be happy and just sink into the swamp of oblivion together. Until the image we once got captured into starts to fade out.




No comments:

Post a Comment