Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Young artist of the year 2016



So it was finally made public last friday.. I'm the Young artist of the year 2016 here in Finland! It's a great honour and encouragement to get that kind of recognition for one's work. I want to thank the board of selectors and all the people who helped me to reach this point in my artistic career! Thank you for your support!

Being selected means I'll have a big exhibition coming up next summer at Tampere Art Museum (June 11th - September 11th 2016). The exhibition will move to Turku, Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova Museum for the autumn (September 23rd - November 20th 2016). I've been painting for this exhibition since May when I first learned about the prize, but there's still lots to do (less time for photography too, I'm afraid!). It's going to be a really intensive work period until next summer but hopefully a good one.

Welcome to the exhibitions next year and thanks again for being there!

This is a beginning for something great.



Anatomical study II, 2015, acrylics, collage and sand on canvas, 165cmx240cm

No comments:

Post a Comment